Wednesday, April 22, 2009

an old women and a young women sit on a bench

old lady: stop it will ya!

young lady: (confused) what?

old lady: just stop it ok?

young lady: im sorry i dont think i have any idea what youre -

old lady: really? you have no idea? hear lets try this on for size? STOP TRYING TO WRITE ME!!! youre never gonna know what ive been through till youve been through it, so just stop! stop trying to "tell my story" and "feel it" of whatever it is you "writers" try to do.

silence

if you can even call your self that

more silence

old lady: you may think youve been to hell but let me tell you little lady, youve never even felt the tips of flames. the horrors ive seen havent danced into your dreams at night, the air has been sucked out of my lungs the necks of everyone ive ever loved have been snapped in front of my tear stained cheeks so STOP!

they sit there, the old lady starts to cry and the young women has no idea what to do.


1 comment:

Heavy Boots said...

I love it.

I think as young writers we identify so much with a vignette like this. I can't tell you how many times I've stopped writing a story because I find a voice in the back of my head saying, "Where the fuck do you think you get off?" This is great.